- The Frostproof Middle-Senior High School Media Center collection serves the diverse student population of the two schools in one.
- It is a developing collection of over 12,000 titles, print and non-print, 40+ periodical titles, and 2 newspaper subscriptions.
- Internet access is available as well as several On-line databases: Gale, EBSCO NetTrekker, ABC Clio, Proquest, Bridges, and World Book.
- Each computer has the Microsoft Office Suite 2007 installed which includes Word and PowerPoint.
- The growing professional library is for use by teachers and parents as we work together to educate the children of our community.
Information about Getting a Public Library Card
Obtaining a library card is very easy. As a resident of Polk County, library cards are available at no charge. Parent or guardian of child will need to bring in proof of identification and residency, such as a valid driver’s license, utility bill or insurance card to their local library to get a library card. Residents, property owners and business owners, employees and students of Polk County Public Schools and employees of Polk County Gov’t and Polk County college students may qualify for a free library card.
A Polk County library card is good at all 15 public libraries, including special collection libraries like the Historical Genealogical Library and Law Library located in Bartow. We have a bookmobile making 13 stops throughout Polk County and B-Mail (books-by-mail ) offering free home delivery service (anything you can find in your library can be delivered to your home). To get the ball rolling, parents can go online to register for a library card (follow the link below) and pick their card up at their library.
You can register for a card online via this link. This is a placeholder until you can get to the library to complete your registration; after a month, the account will close.
District Online Resources
Polk County Public Schools’ Library Media Services acknowledges the importance of maintaining access to current resources, building research skills, and developing digital literacy skills. PCPS provides a variety of online resources for all our schools, such as Gale database resources, Accelerated Reader, World Book Web, and more! Visit the link below to see the full list of online resources.